Market-place training event for church leaders
Date(s) – 16/11/2013
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church
A training day for all leaders in the local church – 16th November 2013
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the tasks that need to be done in the church?
- Would you like to meet others who feel the same way and receive some training and encouragement in these tasks?
- If so, then 16th November is for you.
We are putting on a market place event where you can come and listen to short presentations on church governance, financial management, safeguarding and hear encouraging stories of what God is doing in some of our churches, but in addition you can sit with people who can give you advice and show you the ‘how to’ around these issues.
The market place will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday 16th November 2013. Refreshments will be available throughout the day. You can come for as much or as little of the day as you wish.
Venue: Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church, 235 Shaftesbury Avenue WC2H 8EP
Please let your fellow leaders in the church know, and book this date in your diary!
Outline programme for the day:
11.10 and 13.10 What every deacon/trustee needs to know about governance (Malcolm Broad, Treasurer of the Baptist Union)
11.40 and 13.40 Stories of encouragement
12.10 and 14.10 What every deacon/trustee needs to know about church finances (Malcolm Broad, Treasurer of the Baptist Union)
12.40 and 14.40 What every deacon/trustee needs to know about safeguarding (Paul Martin)
Throughout the day there will be market-stalls where you will be able to join in on-going conversations and seek help and guidance on:
- Everything to do with church finances and keeping accounts etc
- Good governance in the church
- Accessing financial support from the LBA and LBPB
- Any issue relating to church trusts and property overseen by the London Baptist Property Board
And all of the LBA team will be around and available throughout the day for conversations, support and guidance.