The Board of Directors has been the main executive body of the LBA since 1 January 2002. It meets about ten times a year and is answerable to the Assembly which meets once or twice a year. The Board has up to¬†15 members consisting of:
- up to¬†nine members elected by the churches (currently):
- Mr Turner Briggs (Denmark Place Baptist Church)
- Mr John Grant (Muswell Hill Baptist Church)
- Mrs Rhona Lawrie Goveia (Rye Lane Baptist Chapel)
- Mr Olusegun Obidipe (Harringay United Church)
- Mrs Anne Bishop (South Harrow Baptist Church)
- Mr Neil Sherringham (Perry Rise Baptist Church)
- Mr Philip Slaney ( Highams Park Baptist Church)
- Rev Gordon Hindmarch (Whitton Baptist Church)
- Rev Joel Schofield ( Stone Baptist Church)
- Rev Dr Alan Beavis ( Retired Minister)
- The¬†Regional Minister (Team Leader):
- Rev Phil Barnard
- a Treasurer appointed by the Assembly:
- Mrs Fola Ogunyide (Chatsworth Baptist Church)
Note: The Treasurer’s current appointment runs until the AGM indicated after her name in brackets.
- up to¬†four co-opted Directors (currently):
- None in post
Note: each co-opted Director retires at the AGM indicated after their name in brackets.
Note: The power to co-opt Directors “is to be used solely to enable the Board to be as far as possible representative of the age, gender and ethnic composition of the Member Churches.” Each co-opted Director’s current co-option runs up to the month indicated after their name in brackets.
LBA Board Minutes
Elections to the LBA Board
These are held each year beginning in the autumn with a request for nominations and ending in the Spring with the results being announced at the AGM. Questions about the electoral procedure should be directed to Norman Kincaid
Any More Questions?
Communications to, and questions about, the LBA Board should be directed to the Board Secretary, Norman Kincaid.